Redevelopment and restoration of Grade II listed Quadrant 1 on Regent Street into the 5* Café Royal Hotel with 159 rooms.
The redevelopment of Quadrant One is part of The Crown Estate’s Regent Street Vision Investment Strategy, to regenerate the area in line with the values of quality, heritage, style and success.
Quadrant one is the grand £110 million redevelopment of the Café Royal block, into a 5* and 160 bed luxury hotel designed by David Chipperfield, with 16,000 square feet of high quality retail offering on the ground floor.
We are delighted to be working with The Crown Estate on a number of their Regent Street projects. Our involvement in Quadrant One dates back to 2008, when we were appointed as The Crown Estate’s surveyor.
We have monitored the redevelopment of the property, by hotel developer and operator Alrov Property and Lodgings, on behalf of The Crown Estate.
Our role on adjacent Quadrant projects for The Crown Estate enabled us to provide efficient support and coordination across the projects, dealing with logistics, programming and sequencing issues.
We also entered into detailed negotiations with Westminster City Council to secure road closures to assist in the development.
The original Café Royal was opened in 1865 at 15-19 Glasshouse Street, by expatriate Burgundian Daniel Nichols and quickly became known as one of the most fashionable, bohemian venues for London’s elite members. In 1870, Nichols moved Café Royal to its current home, No.8 Air Street, with all of its original features. Nichols’ son-in-law, Pigache, a French lace maker and ardent admirer of the Emperor Napolean, designed the emblem for Café Royal, with the French Imperial Crown and the letter N (for Napoleon), which can still be found throughout the Hotel today.